ElizabethInNorway

Thursday, February 02, 2006


I have signed up for the 2006 Knitting Olympics and joined Team Wales via the Frapper map. (Too late to get my name on the Roster, unfortunately!)

Since half the fun will be talking progress, here should be a good place to do this.

Until the flame is lit, we are limited to training and getting in shape. Here in Norway, my project is a self-designed sock with a new-to-me heel. If two socks are to be completed by the time the flame goes out, I had better start choosing that heel NOW. That means I will be in hard training for the next few days!

Candidates so far:
Strong Heel
Auto Heel
Boomerang Heel from Regia
Short Row Heel with gussets
Niantic Heel
Stepped Heel

Hans and I are invited to the mountains for the weekend - what better time to start experimenting than while all the pure Norwegians (and the Dane, if he is along again this year) are out skiing.

Team Wales has a set of really cool buttons - I hope to figure out soon how to place one here.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Elizabeth,
    I'm Elizabeth in CT, who also started a blog to cover my participation in the Knitting Olympics with Team Wales. I have a Welsh Terrier, which is my rationale for qualifying.

    Good luck with your training!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home